A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 11 January 2016

Laura Geller Balance n Brighten Foundation

Laura-Geller-Foundation-review




Hello, beauties!

For as long as I can remember, I've never really been entirely happy with liquid foundations, as they can emphasise my open pores, increase the look of my shiny T - Zone and feel tacky on the skin. Then I find that there are some matte formulas that can leave me with a chalky, flat look and can also be a struggle to blend, leaving the product sitting on my skin. I've never embraced my cool undertone much either as it can make me look tired and ill at times; a golden undertone is something I'd always admired. My pores are also beginning to sag with age now, making them more noticeable. I hate it, and feel quite self conscious about it. 




For the past few years, I've been hunting for a product that would tone down that overstretched look to my pores, give good coverage and calm down my oily appearance in my T-Zone. I think I may have finally discovered my holy grail; a foundation that was able to transform the look of my skin and has now become one of my most repurchased items ever in all the years of applying makeup. That foundation is Balance n Brighten by Laura Geller.

It begins its life as a cream/mousse, and is then baked on terracotta tiles for 24 hours by Italian artisans, which is how it achieves that powdery look appearance. So, it applies like a powder, combines with your natural oils, then sets as a cream. Laura claims that it's so goof-proof that you could even apply it without a mirror.

This complexion perfection  (as I like to call it) consists of a blend of 6 shades, which cleverly adapts to your skin tone, evens out imperfections, blurs pores and gives a flawless finish. Even though this is only been developed in 5 shades : Porcelain, Fair, Medium, Tan and Deep, each shade can cover a wide range of skin tones. 

                

1: Shade Fair

                

2: Shade Medium

                

You can use it on its own or apply over your existing foundation for a heavier coverage. Each compact comes with a mirror, so it's easy to apply whilst travelling. I have 2 shades: Fair and Medium. I use Medium most of the year and only really use Fair during the depths of Winter. If purchased from QVCUK, you'll also get the retractable brush and retails £28. 

                  



I love how you just swirl the brush onto the product and buff in circular motions on to the skin to get the achieved look. It's as easy as that! Love this! The retractable brush is actually pretty nifty, as it has an inner barrel that pushes up and makes the hairs denser so you can spot cover any blemishes or in my case, redness on my cheeks. I absolutely love this clever non greasy formula, as it gives me a medium to full, even, matte not flat, flawless airbrush coverage in just a few swirls.

I recommend using your concealer first before applying this foundation as it can crease and cake if applied after. Unless you have very dark circles, you can apply balance and brighten as a concealer, or I like to sometimes use it to set my liquid foundation or bb cream to help give it that blur appearance, which is great for my large pores. Depending on your skin type, you may need to use a finishing powder which I do because of my oiliness. 


Have tried Balance n Brighten?



                                                                Toni xo
























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig