A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 25 January 2016

Times Nine Burgundy Eyeshadow Palette: Mac


                     Mac-Times-Nine-Eyeshadow

Hello, beauties! 

Today, I have something to share with you that I've been eyeing up for a little while now. Whenever I've had the opportunity to visit one of their counters or stores, their palettes often get missed as I'm always too busy getting carried away looking at the huge range of their single shadows. 

Mac have a range of small compacts called Times Nine, which house 9 mini sizes of various shades and textures from a particular colour hue, with finishes that include frost, satin, matte, velvet and veluxe pearl. Other Times Nine compacts that are available are in the shades: Navy, Amber and Purple. I was gifted the Burgundy, but would've been more than happy with either of them as they are all very wearable shades.









                

                   Mac-Times-Nine-Burgundy-Eyeshadow





You get 0.08g of product in each pan compared to 1.5g for a full size single from Mac. Bearing in mind, that their singles cost £13. This palette retails at £30, which I think is a great buy for 9 shades to try, (even though they are on the small side) whether you're new to the brand or wish to have a palette on a smaller scale. 


                     Times-Nine-Burgundy-Eyeshadow



                     Mac-Times-Nine-Swatches-Burgundy

Wow! Let's just say there were a lot of oo-ing and arhh-ing sounds when I swatched these!
These really are beautiful shades! 8 out of the 9 applied true to the colour in the pan and applied nicely, but I'll be honest, the lighter matte shades did need a little building. 


                     Mac-Burgundy-Times-Nine-swatches


Do apply frosted shade Honey Lust with care, as there will be fall out; use patting motion as appose to swirling the brush, otherwise it'll be everywhere. Poppyseed, Quarry and Haux are great matte transition shades for the crease area or for applying on the lid for soft natural look. 

I love coppery shades, don't you? I think they are fab for accentuating Grey/Green eyes - so having Antiqued thrown in the mix was a real bonus! I loved applying this shade on the lid with Embarked on the outer v and Honey Lust on the inner part of the lid


                     Mac-Times-Nine-Swatches-Burgundy


Star Violet is to die for as this deeper pink shade has golden undertones. Sketch is a dark sultry Burgundy which looks amazing either as an all over shade or for the outer v. These shades along with a Black liner look absolutely incredible on Green eyes. I was totally blown away at how amazing these looked on my eyes. 

Noir is a semi sheer shade with tiny flecks of Gold glitter but looked a lot deeper in the pan. 

Overall  thoughts: 
I have always wanted to own a palette of Burgundy shades as I love how it can magically enhance the colours of my Green/Grey eyes.  The arrangement of the shades is well thought out as there are both cool and warm shades that will suit various skin tones. I love how they've added warmth to this palette as some Burgundy shades can come off a bit too Red and give the illusion that your eyes are sore. I also love the fact that it's small and compact and makes it easy for travelling although it would have been nice if it came with a mirror. 

 Do you own any Times Nine palettes?


                            
                                                       

                                                                 Toni. xx







                                                                       







SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I recently got the times nine palette in dusky rose all the shadows looked right up my street but I have to say I was hugely disappointed with it there is hardly any pigment in the shimmer shadows at all. I have even tried it with fix plus and it's still no better . Maybe my expectations were just too high as everyone raves about mac make up so much.

    This Burgundy Eye Shadow Palette looks much more pigmented by the swatches that you have done I wish I would have got this one instead

    Andrea
    beautywithandrea36.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig