A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 8 January 2016

Wet n Wild 8 Colour Icon Eye Palettes

Wet-n-Wild-Eyeshadow-Palette-Review


Hi, everyone!

Today's products are from drugstore brand Wet n Wild. A brand you wouldn't normally find in the UK, so you may not have heard of them, unless you've visited the States of course where they're sold.

I'd first heard of these palettes from Emily Eddington aka Beauty Broadcast on YouTube where she gave glowing reviews; so had me wishing we had access to this brand here. Wet n Wild have a range of eyeshadow palettes called Color Icon, which includes 4 x 8 Colour Icon palettes and 6 x smaller colour trios, with limited editions released regularly. I hear quite frequently that some of the shades make good dupes for some of the eye shadows from Mac. 





My review will only include 2 out of the 4 - Comfort Zone and Petal Pusher as unfortunately, the 3rd/4th, Blue had me at Hello and Poster Child, I don't have. They retail in the States for under $5. Unfortunately, they cost me a little more because of the postage from Amazon. I paid around £5-8 each including postage.


1: Comfort Zone.

                 Comfort-Zone-Palette


Each palette contains an assortment of frosted/shimmers, that has the position engraved where it goes. This makes the application so easy, as it takes the guess work out of creating the perfect eye look; although you can apply the shades wherever you like. The packaging is very basic with a clear window with shades on view. 

The range of warm shades are gorgeous and the pop of green gently uplifts the mood in this neutral palette. Swatches - Each shade doesn't have a name, so can only be identified by the engraved positioning. They felt really smooth and quite buttery. Not what I'd expect for a palette that costs just $5!. The colour payoff was mind blowing! Yes, they were a few exceptions but nothing major.

The first shade, Brow bone,  performed semi - sheer, and Crease shade from the Green side, looked glittery in the pan, but didn't show much glitter on the lid. Definer shade from the first row did not mirror at all from the pan, swatching a more of a cool dark Brown as a posed to a warmer undertone shown in the palette. The last shade, Definer, is a Teal duo-chrome that swatch rust undertones. I really loved that one. Without primer, they had excellent staying power.


                 Comfort-Zone-Swatches


2: Petal  Pusher

               Petal-Pusher-Review


                Petal-Pusher-swatches


I love Purple! Apart from neutrals, these are my favourite shades as it helps to make my grey/green eyes pop!

The shades from Petal Pusher swatch a little weaker and drier than Comfort Zone. The initial swatches were a little deceiving but in a good way as once the colour had built, they were really eye catching. Brow bone shade from the first line swatch a little sheer but the second brow bone shade swatch exceptional! Eyelid from the second row performed a little sheer and dry, while Definer from the first row felt a little gritty but performed well. The remaining shades were great. I was able to achieve a great purple smoky eye and the formula lasted pretty well. 



Overall thoughts:

All in all, I absolutely love these and have become my new favourite drugstore palettes; the overall quality is superb for a budget line. Despite some swatch a little sheer, they performed really well after a little building and was extremely impressed with their staying power too. They applied with virtually no fall out. The colour arrangement was great but would have liked to have seen a matte transition shade as I'm not normally a fan of applying shimmery colours on the crease. However, I am massive fan of these, I might have to try some of the trios too. 


Have you ever tried eyeshadows from Wet n Wild? 



                                                                     Toni xo


















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig