A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 26 September 2016

Disappointing Liquid Lipsticks

Disappointing Liquid Lipsticks


With revolutionary formulas promising intense pigmentation in just one swipe, liquid lipsticks have become the must have item to have in your make up bag resulting in every brand creating their own formula. We also expect these to be comfortable and long-wearing too! 

We all know matte formulas can be quite drying on the lips, and at times may need the assistance of a lip scrub and a lip balm before application. However there are always gonna be some that still don't perform as well as you hoped, and I for one have been really disappointed with these few I'll be showing you today. 



One of the many things I look for in regards to liquids lipsticks is solid pigmentation, longevity and comfort-ability. 3 of these had the dreaded crumbling/flaking problem which as you can imagine is just awful and impossible to wear. 2 of these actually changed colour over the course of the day, which again can cause the shade to look totally off with the rest of your makeup. 


Disappointing Liquid Lipsticks

Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in Petal

Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream | Petal | £4.99

Sleek had been getting a lot of stick earlier on in the year from other bloggers due to the dreadful crumbling formulas of their Matte Me Line, which is a shame because they are such a good drugstore brand. To be fair to them, they have since changed the formula and is now meant to be better, but unfortunately chose not to remove the old formulas from the shelf (tutt, tutt,) so there's no way of knowing which one you've got.

But despite the crumbling formulas they were terribly dry on the lips, and when they feel dry, that's when you'll continuously lick your lips resulting in that formula to flake and crumble. This colour dried patchy, and when you smiled or stretched your lips, the formula cracks, so the lines on your lips become accentuated. I noticed a new Sleek stand was installed in my local Boots recently, so I'm hoping it'll have all the new formulas. 


Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Amore



This was my very first lip product from Milani. I was absolutely ecstatic to discover they'd finally have their website over here in the UK as I love their blushers, and have heard such good reviews on YouTube about these liquid lipsticks from their Amore Matte line. This colour is a BEAUTIFUL isn't it? I thought what a fabulous Red to wear in the evening until I wore it. This gorgeous Red soon turned into a Pink when worn over the course of the evening; and to make matters worse, it left that awful Red lip line look around the edge of your lips. Once again suffered the crumbling issue, although I didn't particularly find this one drying this time. 

Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Laquer in What I Believe


I got this one shortly after they were released. Unfortunately, the colours look a lot more muted online and soon realised the colour was a bit too bright for me.  However, the colour dried much more opaque this time but soon became very dry on the lips and once again crumbled. 


Revlon Ultra Matte Lipstick in Seduction


I'm so frustrated with this one as I absolutely love the nude colour. But the thing that completely turned me off with this was that it also changed to that unflattering pink-y hue during the course of the day. It also states that it's a matte lipstick which is does set to - eventually - about 2 hours later!!! Such a shame. It does however have this really lovely sweet scent to it.  

Swatches Seduction, Amore, Petal and What I Believe

I know! Such pretty colours!


Have you experienced any disappointing liquid lipsticks? 




                                                                Toni. xoxo






SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I've wanted to pick up a few of the Sleek products for a while but this definitely makes me a little wary. It is disappointing because Sleek is one of my favourite high street brands! :( xx

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got Milani here in a Canadian drugstore - I was thinking of buying one of their glosses, but I'm glad I read this first. Their rose powder blushes are truly awesome though.

    Angela / Blush & Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky! I wish we had Milani in stores instead of having to order online all the time. Xx

      Delete
  3. I have one Milani liquid lipstick and I agree that it does crumble a bit, but their regular lipsticks are great :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to try their standard lipsticks. The colours look so pretty! Xx

      Delete
  4. It's such a pity because the colours are so pretty! I'm not the biggest fan of liquid lipsticks because I can't bear my lips feeling dry & most do that xx


    Beautylymin| Kat Von D Contour Palette & brush Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Siobhan. It does seem that way. Xx

      Delete
  5. The post is so great! I love it:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do prefer the new Sleek Matte Me formula as it is so much more comfortable but I agree, they shoul re-launch the whole line and get rid of the old formula. It's a shame about the Milani ones...I always planned to pick some up. Won't bother now xxx

    Sal | UmmBaby Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try and hunt down their new formula. Thanks Sal. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig