A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 2 September 2016

Last of the Shopping Buys

NYX HD Concealer, Seventeen Skin WoW Concealer, Rimmel Kate Rock n Roll Nude, Makeup Revolution Ultra Strobe Balm

Hi, everyone!

I thought I'd share these last few remaining items that I picked up whilst visiting my friend in Chichester. I've now put myself on a spending ban! CRIKEY! THAT'S GOING TO BE HARD! Just for a couple of months, anyway! 




NYX have been really stealing the spotlight lately, as fellow bloggers have been giving this product a lot of hype and consider this a dupe for the Naked Concealer by Urban Decay which unfortunately, I don't own.

The formula has a really nice light-weight consistency that is neither too emollient that it creases, nor too drying that it cakes and gives a pretty decent amount of coverage for the under eye area that's smooth, buildable and blends easily, giving a natural looking finish. The wand applicator ensures easy application to cover any blemishes, and also for creating that cone highlighter shape for under the eyes which is what I tend to do with these types of concealers.

6 shades are available, which is pretty good considering it's a drugstore line. Although I picked shade 4 which is a little light for me (I just didn't realise how tanned I was) so I just dust a touch of bronzer just to warm it up a little. A definite repurchase though! 


As this is considered a concealer/highlighter type of product, I wanted to see if this would be up to the challenge to cover and brighten the dark saggy pouches of my eye bags! Medium was the darkest shade I could get as I think there are only 2 shades available in total. But unfortunately, at the moment,  it's way too light for me. So it's put aside until the tan is worn off! As in saying that, the formula seems pretty good and I can see why it's accumulated a lot of fans.

NYX HD Concealer, Seventeen Skin WoW Concealer


NYX HD Concealer, Seventeen Skin WoW Concealer, Rimmel Kate Rock n Roll Nude

Rimmel Lipstick Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in the shade 54 Rock 'n' Roll Nude | £ 6.49

When my friend whipped out her one from her bag, I was sold by the rose-y toned casing that's featured on this recently released 15 year Collection.  Rock and Roll Nude is a pinkish mauve that'll look gorgeous when teamed up with a dark smouldering smoky eye! Another product put by for the Autumn season.

Makeup Revolution Ultra Strobe Balm | Euphoria | £5.00

After having a good ole play around with Guardian Angel, a cream highlighter from Kevin Aucoin whilst in Space.NK, (that product is so lovely!) I came across this inexpensive alternative, which is a much sheerer version in my view, although I wouldn't exactly crown it a dupe!

If you're not a massive fan of these strong highlighting trends, as they're too overpowering or too drying, then try this easier and alternative one to help get your glow on, as this illuminating balm provides a subtle, but buildable sheen, without emphasising those pesky pores.

A product that comes in two shades Euphoria - a pink-y glow and Hypnotic, a more golden tone that can be applied in various ways; it's up to you! Including: as a base to help the longevity of any highlighter, to be applied before foundation or on it's own to give some added glow to your cheeks.

At first glance, it's difficult to detect which shade it will be until after you've swatched, as the pink-y tone in this illuminating glow becomes evermore apparent. There's no denying its very pretty; and is also great for those lazy days when you want to go bare naked (your face, I meant!) and just want to pop on some glow onto your cheeks.

 
NYX HD Concealer, Seventeen Skin WoW Concealer, Rimmel Kate Rock n Roll Nude Makeup Revolution Ultra Strobe Balm

Makeup Revolution Ultra Strobe Balm Euphoria

Makeup Revolution Ultra Strobe Balm Euphoria

Swatches, Skin Wow Concealer, NYX HD Concealer, Rimmel Rock n Roll Nude, Euphoria Ultra Strobe Balm


Have you tried any of these products? 





                                                                         Toni. Xoxo










SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Gorgeous picks! I have the same Rimmel lipstick and how lovely is it!! My fave x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am currently loving the Rimmel lipsticks and the green concealer from NYX so might have to give this one a try!

    Hanney | blogabouthanney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely picks, i love the shade of that rimmel lipstick. i've been eyeing up the nyx concealers!
    jen / enter my too faced giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ladies. Glad you love them! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. That Rimmel lipstick is such a gorgeous shade!

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is super pretty! So glad I found your blog through Bloglovin', I'm yet to try the NYX concealer but I'm a massive fan of the brand itself so deffo need to try it out xx


    www.lexilife95.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lexi! What a lovely comment! Nyx are amazing, aren't they! Xx

      Delete
  6. That Rimmel lipstick is right u my street! I love the sound of the NYX Concealer too xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig