A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 30 September 2016

Real Techniques Miracle Mini Eraser Sponges

real techniques miracle mini eraser sponges


Just when you thought Real Techniques had pretty much produced every tool you there is, out pops 3 new sponges - the Miracle Mini Eraser, the Diamond and the Sculpting sponge. (There goes my spending ban!!!)


I was really excited when I first heard about these and couldn't wait to try them as I absolutely love their Miracle Complexion sponge. So, I decided to buy the Miracle Mini Eraser Sponges £5.99 which you get "not one, but two" in this little pack, and is aimed to help erase any makeup mishaps, including mascara, eyeshadow fallout, over applied blush and even going a far as claiming to correct that wonky liner! (Blimey, that really would have to be a miracle, haha!) It can either be used damp to blend away any harsh edges or dry to help pick up any fallout.

real techniques miracle mini eraser sponges

real techniques miracle mini eraser sponges



First impressions:

Now I don't know about you? What sprung to mind when I first saw these is obviously they're the baby version of their Miracle Complexion Sponge except for blending concealer this time just like the Mini Beauty Blender, and due to the size, I also thought they would be more effective in reaching awkward areas too! Like I just said, I already own the Original Miracle Complexion Sponge which I absolutely love, mainly for blending out my concealer which it does so brilliantly! So rather than purchase another one of those, I thought I'd buy this instead as you get two for the price of one, even though they're small.

These are really soft, just like their Original one, so I knew there wouldn't be any problems delivering that nice finish.


real techniques miracle mini eraser Sponges size comparison


As you can see. When the sponge is damp, it expands and becomes bigger in size just like the original one. 


Overall thoughts: 

I'm not gonna lie. To begin with, I was still going back to my old original one. I think it's because I was so use to holding the larger one and I didn't have to be so light-handed either when it came to dabbing the sponge for that cone shape look under my eye area. I think it must be due to the amount of pressure I used when dabbing the product, as when I used the more light-weight formula, I'd go back to my Original one. However, I found over time, the more I use this, the more I love it, and I'm now finding I'm reaching for this more and more, so perhaps I just needed time to get use to it and not be so heavy-handed with it. 

After blending my concealer, I quickly dab what's left on the sponge onto my eyelids to even out the skin tone. The smaller size really is great for this. 

For really intricate areas, this is fantastic! I always use a peach corrector just in the corners of my eyes and onto the shadow of the eye bag using their tiny precision brush from the Core Collection. This sponge is perfect for blending this after I've applied, and also my highlighter too. The pointed tip from the sponge is the perfect size to just warm and dab the product effectively without it spreading and going over the border of the bag. I also love it for dabbing concealer around the nose area as well, and I would imagine it being pretty good for dabbing concealer onto spots and blemishes too! Fortunately for me, due to my age I don't get too many of those! 



real techniques miracle mini eraser Sponge size comparison

Size comparison between the Original and Mini.



Have you tried the new Miracle Mini Sponges? 





                                                                       Toni. xoxo

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have the original and usually prefer using fingers, but these small ones sound really handy. Fab review, thanks..added to wishlist :)
    H x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig