A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 16 January 2017

Skincare Empties: Featuring Elemis, Ren, The Ordinary and more...






Hi, everyone!

  Once, again, my little empties bag was beginning to overflow. So, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a clear-out and start the new year with an empties post! 





 




You know how much I've loved this product as it was recently featured in my Favourites 2016 post. As you can see, I have cut and stripped this product bare. Unfortunately, this is a little on the pricey side, but I think is worth every penny for the results it gives me. You really don't need to use a lot, which is another reason why I think is worth the money. The formula is quite thick and once a touch of water is added, the formula is then broken down a little before it begins to work its magic by melting and removing my makeup. This is so much more than just your average cleanser as not only does this gently remove makeup and daily grime effectively, I began to notice a real difference in the appearance of my tired looking skin the following mornings. It just feels so super soft and smooth, and looks so much more even toned and well-rested. You often think of cleansers of being such dull and unexciting products and think "anything will do". This one's proven that is certainly not the case and can play an enormous part in achieving good skin. A definite repurchase if I can.



These was just a couple of samples I received whilst mooching around the beauty department in M&S. Ren is a brand I've always wanted to try, so I was thrilled when an assistant approached me with this huge wicker basket full of these samples featuring other brands too! (If that had been me, I would've kept that basket for myself, haha!) 

Now, obviously because they're samples, it's difficult to give a proper in-depth review. But what I will say is despite their size, they still proved to be rather effective in such short space of time. Out of the two, I much preferred the night cream. This is a product that offers antioxidant protection, and despite not particularly loving the scent (it kinda reminded me of Propolis Gel from SBC) it helped my skin look and feel a lot more hydrated and a lot firmer too. The eye cream moisturised my eye area rather nicely! However, due to the size, there wasn't enough formula to help see that much of a difference around the under eye area. 



We've all seen this affordable brand become insanely popular over the last couple of months, offering effective clinical formulations that work for less than a trip to Starbucks.


We all know, as we get older, our skin begins to lose it's plumpness due to the lack of hydration in the skin, and that is where this Hyaluronic Acid comes in to good use. This works as a magnet by attracting water over 1000 times its weight and helps to bring plumpness back into our skin. I've been using this before my moisturiser or as a top up with my other serums now the weather has gotten colder, and have really seen a difference in how my skin looks.  A definite repurchase    



Oh, I love these! They are so much fun! Ok - their fit isn't actually that great - we can agree on that (the mouth area is way too big!) and to be honest, I don't particularly find the results that much of a difference between any of them either! But what I can't deny is that after 20 odd minutes of looking like Phantom of the Opera, my skin feels amazing soft and supple, and looks so much clearer too. A definite repurchase.


 


Those of you that have been with me right from the beginning will know I'm a fan of Judith Williams skincare, especially the serums. I'm always using something from the range in some form or another.


I just recently finish the Express serum which I think only cost me around £20 to begin with, and bought this especially for the Winter months at the beginning of last year. I then managed to purchase an amazing offer of 2 refillable tubes to go inside the bottle. Since then, She has updated the formula and is now called the Lift and Brightening Serum which is actually more expensive, which I haven't tried. It's a shame she's done away with the old formula as I really noticed the difference in the hydration and firmness of my skin in such a short space of time. Really good product!


This also featured in my favourites 2016 post a product I'd turned to during the Summer and in-between seasons due to it's lightweight serum like gel formula. This was like a rich drink for my skin which also proved to be ideal to use during the hot Summer months on its own as moisturiser. Again, it didn't exactly break the bank costing only £20 but I also took the opportunity to order a couple of the 15ml size tubes for travelling as the size was ideal for packing. I love the scent of this and although it doesn't feature any AHA's, there's something about the scent that kinda reminds me of Clinique's Turnaround cream. 



The skyn Iceland skincare range is formulated to target stressed skin by using deeply hydrating natural ingredients such as lilium candidum flower extract (from White Lillies) oxycoccus palustris (cranberry) seed oil, rubus chamaemorus (artic cloudberry) seed oil and (jojoba) seed oil plus many more! This range is also vegan and paraben-free. 

This triple-acting eye cream is targeted for the over 30's and claims to refresh and reduce any puffiness and dark circles whilst also targeting fine lines and wrinkles. This was another sample given to me by the kind assistant in M&S. This eye cream was amazing for moisturising my eye area and would really like to try the full size to further sample its effectiveness.  



Have you tried any of these products?



Toni. xoxo














SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I love the sound of the Elemis cleanser & The Ordinary serum! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Hyaluronic serum and although I haven't reacted badly to it (thankfully) I also don't love it. I'm not sure what it is but I'll carry on using it for the colder months anyway. Ooooh! I have a little pot of the Skyn eye cream. I definitely need to start using it xxx
    Sal | UmmBaby Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to add on your other post..how fab to have done a Pixiwoo course..have watched and been a fan of Sam's for a long time.
    Glad to hear the ordinary Hyaluronic was good for you, might try. It's so affordable too. I love Elemis cream cleanser, my fave was the lim ed one with oils (forgotten the name, thanks hormones). i have a REN eye cream i've not yet tried so will let you know. Judith Williams is on my list, she's so passionate about her brand and research. i tried the Enzyme peel but didn't really notice much difference, should of maybe used fb4 bed and for a longer period.
    H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Pixiwoo course was fun!I haven't used the enzyme peel. I'll have to look out for that one. xx

      Delete
  4. I've seen quite a few people speak about this facial masks now and I feel I'm missing out on something. Sounds like they are amazing. I must try them out soon!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to try just one, TK Maxx have been selling them. xx

      Delete
  5. The Ordinary serum sounds like something I need. I do love a affordable serum as m partner seems to find them and use them as day creams...
    I think a little trip to the M&S beauty hall is in order for me!
    Kate x

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The serums form the Ordinary are so cheap! You got nothing to lose! Enjoy! xx

      Delete
  6. Tony Moly just have the cutest packaging! Lovely post xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig