A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 23 January 2017

Milani Conceal & Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer : Review


milani conceal + perfect 2 in 1 foundation & concealer review 


Hi, everyone!

My goodness! Doesn't this foundation have a long title? During the Winter season, I like to cover up my skin with thicker formulas so it gives me extra protection from the cold and wind, and to also prevent the onset of redness going on, on my cheek area. The Milani Conceal & Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer has been my go-to product, on and off since Christmas. I'd heard so many good things about this foundation and with the price tag only costing around £8.80 at the time of purchase, due to the Black Friday offers that was on last year, (although the original price has increased to £11.00 - damn you, Beauty Bay!) it wasn't too long before one had slipped into my basket.



milani conceal + perfect 2 in 1 foundation & concealer review 

The Packaging


The bottle is made from glass and comes with 30ml of product which is pretty standard for most foundations these days, and comes with an non - drip pump dispenser, so you're always able to receive the right amount every time.  

The Formula 


The Milani Conceal & Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer is a water resistant, medium - full coverage foundation and concealer in one. The formula has a thick consistency, that aims to cover dark circles, redness and any other skin imperfections. Milani claims the wear of the formula is long-lasting and also gives a satin/slight dewy finish. It contains no parabens and is cruelty free! 


The shades


For a drugstore foundation there are 14 shades to choose from ranging from Creamy Vanilla to Dark Toffee which more than most. However, to my frustration the shades are way off and experienced some difficulty in trying to fathom out which shade would be suitable. But in the end, I opted for 04 Medium Beige, which is just a touch too dark at the moment, so, I'm having to mix a tiny amount of Shade Adjusting Drops for the time being.

Application


My preferred method is to apply either with my Real Techniques stippling brush or by swiping first with a damp beauty blender type sponge before finishing off dabbing extra onto the areas where needed most, usually on the cheek area to cover any redness. I find this gives me a natural look that's suitable for day wear and lasts well into the evening. If I want a more heavier coverage, preferably for the evening, I'll apply with a buffing brush to achieve that finish. It's just my personal preference. 




milani conceal + perfect 2 in 1 foundation & concealer review medium beige 
Formula after blended.

milani conceal + perfect 2 in 1 foundation & concealer review 


The verdict


This very much reminds me of a far less dewier version of the Clinique 2 in 1 Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer (yep! managed to get a sample) in terms of that initial full coverage application it gives although not as thick!  

I have combination skin and this ticks all the right boxes for what I look for from a full-coverage foundation. While the formula may be thicker than your average foundation,  I don't find it drying at all. It really does blend out beautifully and evenly giving a flawless, natural looking finish that doesn't cake. The satin/slight dewy finish is ideal for this time of year, as my cheeks feel a little tight and dehydrated, although at the same time this doesn't make my t-zone look too oily but I do still like to finishing off with powder as I normally would. 

When applying, I find a whole pump is way too much for me as I only need a small amount which spreads and covers really well from the word go and sets nicely! However, because of the thickness of the foundation, it can have a tendency to look like make up if you're not careful, which is fine if that's the look you're after as even I on the odd occasion, like foundation to look like foundation. So, application is key if you want to achieve a more natural look. 




As for concealing under the eye area, I have way too much going on under there, so, I still need to use a corrector. But for anyone with very minor dark circles, this may be all you'll need. 



Have you tried the Milani Conceal & Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer? 



Toni. Xoxo 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. This seems really nice, I've been reading some great reviews on it and can't wait to try it myself!

    http://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your review Toni! That shade would probably be perfect for me if it's a bit too dark for you, might have to get some! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This leans just that bit cooler and less Orange compared to some of the other shades, Jo. So you might get away with it. xx

      Delete
  3. I'd like to try this out for the winter months. It sounds a lot like the e.l.f. flawless finish foundation I'm currently loving.

    Blush & Pearls by Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any foundations from e.l.f. That's interesting to know, thanks. xx

      Delete
  4. I stayed far away from this because I know it's very thick and the coverage is pretty high which is something I don't like in my base products. And I am obsessed with the Real Technique sponge, hands down my go-to currently.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig