A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 13 January 2017

The Body Shop | Shade Adjusting Drops


 

Hey, everyone! 

You may remember several months ago, I wrote a post sharing my frustration with the lack of foundation samples readily available at our beauty counters - or anywhere else for that matter, which makes finding the right shade a really tough challenge. Let's face it - we've all done it. You've bought what seemed to be the right shade, only to discover when you get home a reflection of an Oompa Loompa is staring back at you in the mirror, rather than the girl in the advert. So, when I'd heard from one of my MUA friends that The Body Shop had provided the ideal solution - The Shade Adjusting Drops to help lighten the shade of any foundation, I thought " Great! But, I wonder if it really works?"






It's been several years since I've used this kind of product (or even seen one for that matter), which was way back in my early days of applying makeup, when a lot foundations use to come out very Pink! I would have to use this Yellow tint from Shu Uemura to warm it up a little to prevent me looking so ill! Nowadays, apart from the Mac Pro store, Illamasqua and Make Up For Ever were the only other brands you could purchase these types of products on-line. Then I recently discovered that L.A Girl also do a lightener, and now have their own U.K website that you can order from.





Product

   The Shade Adjusting Drops is a product that you mix with your foundation so it becomes a few shades lighter - sounds ideal doesn't it? Imagine not having the faff or the extra expense of having to buy several shades just to wear at certain times of the year. They have also created a Darkener as well for - yes, you've guessed it - for darkening the shades.


Packaging


It comes in a dropper style bottle to ensure easy dispensing which unfortunately, gave me a few issues. I was finding that the dropper wouldn't suck up and dispense the product out properly - if at all! Although you really don't need very much, just the tiniest of drops (drips!) was coming out which meant the process took that little bit longer. I've since been in contact with The Body Shop, which, to be fair to them, have apologised and given me a full refund.  


Formula  


The shade of the formula gives a White pink-ish hue and has lightweight consistency. I had some foundations that were a bit too Orange for my liking, and this adjusted the shades quite nicely! However, for me I still feel that having the right undertone to begin with is key for that perfect match.  





L.A Girl formula before and after.



Verdict 

I think it's great that The Body Shop have created these lightening drops as I feel the market is crying out for these kinds of products. It's a great stand by product to have for those times when you need to lighten the shade by just a couple of notches.

   I didn't find that it tampered with any of the formulas I have, except for one - the Milani 2 in 1 Perfect and Conceal, which does have a rather thick consistency and I suppose is to be expected due to the contrast in textures although, I'm no mixologist. The formula had sheered, by just a smidgen, which meant I had to add just a touch more to cover the redness in my cheeks, but that's not the end of the world. 


My only issue with this is the dropper. I was in their store the other day and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to check out their lightening sample. There was two. One worked perfectly, the other worked just like mine - not great. So, my advice would be, if you want to buy this, it might be wise to test out the dropper whilst in-store if you can, before you part with your money.





Have you tried these Lightening Drops?


Toni. xoxo



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I use these lightening drops daily with my e.lf. foundation and conincidentally did a post on them as well just yesterday. My dropper is working well so far, so hopefully I didn't get a dud. Great product for the super fair skinned.

    Blush & Pearls by Angela

    Blush & Pearls by Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds! Haha! That's great - probably just a dodgy batch. Good to hear that it's working for you. :) xx

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for a product like this for a while and this one seems great, especially for the price. Thanks for sharing!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I came across this product was through Anne and she loves it too. I have no problems with my foundations thankfully, as I am always in the Beige range so it's easy to find my shade.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig