A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 29 May 2017

Currently Loving #3 : Includes Too Faced, Becca, The Ordinary & More!






As I've explained before, for me, the change in season gives me the perfect opportunity to switch things around and use products that have either been left collecting dust or an excuse to buy new ones! I tend to not do monthly faves as I prefer to do a more of a currently loving type of post, which I'm beginning to see a pattern here by publishing every 2-3 months. Here's what I've been loving in the lead up to Summer! 




Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette | £39.00 - review



This is one gorgeous palette that takes that neutral vibe to a whole new level! It's just so pretty! I love it because it contains the perfect array of shades to take me right through the Summer months - in fact, I'd go as far to say this is an all year round palette. I love that it contains a whole host of different finishes too so I can create a complete eye look without having to dig out another palette. The shades are nicely pigmented with majority of the them feeling soft and buttery.


 

 

L'Oréal Mascaras | Baby Roll and Telescopic | from £7.99 - review


These mascaras have fast become one of my all time favourites! The newly released Baby Roll Mascara gives me everything I could want from a mascara - volume, curl, length, the lot!!! The lengthening formula from Telescopic has proven to be perfect for the bottom lash as it doesn't smudge or flake! It's also fab as base by giving my lashes a nice even coat and provides a cleaner look before layering with other formulas. However, on it's own, it's proven to be a right showstopper! It gives my lashes so much more length and definition!


 


H&M Superfine Brow Liner in Expresso Brown | £5.99


If you have dark hair and struggle with drugstore brow products because they're either too Red or too dark, you need to grab this the next time you're in H&M! This skinny brow pencil provides the perfect width for applying and adding shape to my brows that have now become sparse due to their escape during the nineties (damn you supermodels! haha!) This Brown shade has more of grey tone to it so it matches the natural hairs of my brows perfectly, and because it's such a great match, I can be a bit more heavy handed and slapdash with this, which of course saves time! This also works brilliantly when paired up with a darker shade of Benefit's Goof Proof brow pencil for those times when I want to add more definition. 


Mac Mineralize Skinfinsh in Medium Plus | £24.50



I originally bought this last Summer from a recommendation from one of the consultants from Mac. At the time I didn't think much of it because it didn't mattify my t-zone. So I was tossed it into the back of the drawer never to be seen again until I had a recent clear-out. I started pairing this with my beloved CC cream from It Cosmetics. That's when I began to adore this! The powder is really finely milled and applies beautifully without any cakey-ness or mess! This gives a soft satin finish so I  don't use this for the t-zone but I do love this for the rest of the face. It just seems to blur the complexion slightly and help bring everything together! Love it! 


 

Becca Sunchaser Palette | £32.00 - review



After absolutely loving their other blusher palette, Blushed with Light, and with this featuring their iconic Opal highlighter in the mix which I don't have, how could I not buy this?

This is my third product from Becca and the formulas never disappoint as they always look lovely on my "not so young" skin. This palette contains their new sunlit bronzer formula which sees them moving away from traditional matte formulas you see from so many brands. This gives a more of a "back-from-the-beach" look without the danger of looking Orange or shimmery on the skin. It also contains a new blusher shade, Apricot Blossom which looks gorgeous when paired with the bronzer!


 


Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Super Cindy | £24.00 - review


I absolutely love this shade! A definite repurchase! This coral/nude is spot on for my skin tone which makes it super flattering! Beautiful matte formula that doesn't look flat nor is drying! Packaging to die for! Enough said! Fantastic!


The Ordinary Serum Foundation | £5.70 - review



In all the years of applying makeup, I've never witnessed so much frenzy and excitement over a product as much as this one and it is with good reason! Some of you will no doubt still be waiting for yours to arrive, and all I can say is "it'll be worth the wait!" This is such a great little foundation that despite being so inexpensive doesn't skimp on performance. It's amazing! The formula is extremely thin and lightweight and gives me such a lovely natural semi-matte finish whilst still giving great coverage! I love that the bottle is smaller than your average sized foundation which makes this ideal for travelling with. 


 

 

The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution | £6.80 - review



"Pixi Glow Tonic? What's that?" No need to buy that anymore now I have the Glycolic Tonic from The Ordinary! Again the price is insane! Which just goes to show how much other ingredients are added to skincare formulas that you don't need because without them you still get good results!

I feel this Glycolic Toner is slightly stronger than the one from Pixi, which has been a great anti-ageing product to use in my night time regime for polishing and removing dead skin and helps bring that healthy glow and radiance back to my skin. With regular use, my skin looks a lot less dull and I'm finding the result is just as good, if not better than the one from Pixi.  

The Ordinary 100% Plant Derived Squalane | £5.50 - review

If you've got oily or combination skin but hate oils, you need this! This has fast become my multi-task wonder as I use this for all sorts of things, such as on the ends of my hair to calm down frizziness or as a final step in my night time treatment for adding lost moisture to my skin but at the same time for balancing the oils in my t-zone. I've also applied squalene before the application of my foundation, just on top of the cheek bones when they feel a little dehydrated to prevent that horrible build up where it just sits there! I've even once mixed a tiny drop with my highlighter just to gain a smoother application so my pores looks less obvious! It worked a treat!     

This type of Squalane doesn't come for sharks as this one is derived from olives, so it's much more cruelty-free! Squalane is naturally found in own bodies which means our skin really responds well to this formula. It absorbs really easily without leaving any of that greasy, oily residue on the surface of the skin, and what's also great is there are no funky smells with this one! Whatever skin type you have, you need this!



Do you see any of your current favourites here?



Toni. xoxo




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Still can't believe I don't have that too faced palette yet! I love the ordinary, dying to try the foundation haha

    http://claresloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Toni! My Ordinary foundations both arrived and I'm not sure which one I'm loving more? I still have weeks to fully assess it but so far so good! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig