A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 22 May 2017

Two Mascaras, Two Reviews! : L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara & Miss Baby Roll Mega Volume Mascara





If you been following me for a while, you will know I've become totally obsessed with the L'Oréal False Lash Sculpt mascara. This isn't the first one I've loved from the brand, Miss Manga used to be another favourite. I've tried a fair few in my time, and I think out of all of the drugstore brands, L'Oreal comes top for being pretty consistent in the volume and length department (just don't bother with the Million Volume in the waterproof version).

So, when they introduced their latest edition, Miss Baby Roll Mega Volume Mascara, I decided to buy it because of the similarities in the design of the tube to the Miss Manga. Apart from Black, they also feature some really fun shades that I think are well fitting for the Summer months: Indigo, Lilac and Teal. I finished up opting for the Black waterproof version (BORING!). Although now Summers fast approaching, I might just go back and grab the Indigo to jazz things up a bit. Or shall I go for the Lilac? Hmm!...decisions, decisions!

I took advantage of the 3 for 2 offer that was on at Superdrug, which gave me the opportunity to pick up another False Lash Sculpt and to try their Telescopic one too.



 

  Miss Baby Roll Mega Volume Mascara Waterproof | £7.99


Again, when it comes to curl and volume, L'Oréal doesn't disappoint! This is a good, solid everyday mascara that provides all-day curl and volume! 

The spiral bristled design helps to achieve that instant-lash-lift effect whilst thickening from the root of the lash. The short bristles works great for combing through each lash which is great for the prevention of clumping, and because the wand isn't oversized, it allows me to go vertical to reach those really tiny lashes near the inner corner.

 As I mention earlier, I opted for the waterproof version which meant I needed an oil-based formula  for removal. Unfortunately, it proved to smudge just a tad when applied on the lower lash, which we all know most do this on me anyways. But all-in-all, it's a great mascara!


 

False Lash Telescopic Mascara | £10.99


If it's length you're after, you'll definitely get it with this! This formula from the Telescopic mascara is meant to provide up to 60% extra in length! This is another mascara that I've been loving for pairing up with thicker liners, which I'll explain why in a mo. I also feel it would be excellent for layering with any other formulas because of the skinny, long lash effect it provides. 

It comes with a flexible skinny multi-comb that's made of supple elastomer bristles which helps give that precise application. The wand provides a thorough coating of every lash, even the tiny ones, and also allows me to go vertical if I want to achieve that extra definition. But the one thing that I got really excited about, is despite not being waterproof, I can wear this on the lower lash without the worry of smudging or flaking!!!

The only thing I have to watch as I'm applying, my lashes can end up sticking together and look a little spidery! It doesn't provide as much volume or curl as the other two which is why I think this'll work great with other mascaras. However, this actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as I found this to be particularly great for pairing with Black liquid liners especially when applying a wing! The problem I have is that the space on my lids are quite small and my lashes are quite fine and thin! So, whenever I wear a black liner with a volume enhancing mascara, together this can often leave the lashes looking short, stumpy and lost! When this happens, this then requires the assistance of false lashes to help balance things out a bit.


 


Have you tried any mascaras from L'Oréal?



Toni. xoxo







SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love the look of the telescopic brush!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig