A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 9 June 2017

Bh Cosmetics | Carli Bybel 14 Colour Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette : Review & Swatches


Carli Bybel 14 Colour Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette 


Two palettes in one week! Well, I thought seeing as I'm a palette freak! I'd get one more in before taking a little blog break! I have another affordable palette to show you. This time involving a collaboration between  Bh Cosmetics and US YouTuber Carli Bybel.

If you've not heard of Carli Bybel then where have you been? She is a beauty vlogger who regularly shares makeup skills on her YouTube channel and also runs a successful beauty blog called the beautybybel. In 2016, she collaborated with US budget brand, Bh Cosmetics to create this stunning limited edition palette - Carli Bybel 14 Colour Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette containing a very flattering mixture of universal shades, ranging from Golds, Bronzes, to Dusty Roses and Plums.




She has recently released a new, larger palette called the Deluxe, featuring a mixture of 21 eyeshadows and highlighters which also includes the 11 shades from the original arrangement. I've added a link so you can have a look and compare to help you decide which one you prefer.

The original palette is still available from Beauty Bay for £18,00 although I'm not sure for how much longer as the Deluxe edition has just been released in the US, and my guess is, this will also arrive here  at some point.

The original palette is one that I've been eyeing up for a very long time (like I needed another palette) so you can imagine my delight when I discovered this in a blog sale run by the lovely Kiran from ALittleKiran that looked as though it'd hardly been used for a really good price! Do check out her sale as she may still have a few bits left!


Carli Bybel 14 Colour Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette 


The Packaging


The White and Silver theme is just so pretty! And I love the quilted/pin cushion design all over the palette. The palette itself is nice and slim and is made from cardboard that feels quite sturdy enough to travel with. It also comes with a  mirror inside the lid and below the mirror shares a  quote " Aspire to Inspire" On YouTube, I've seen these delivered with a cardboard outer sleeve but as mine was second hand, it came without. But I normally throw those away anyway!



Carli Bybel 14 Colour Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette

The shades


For a neutral palette, I was really blown away by the colour scheme as they really do compliment each other beautifully! The palette contains 10 eyeshadows and 4 highlighters. The eyeshadows consists of 5 shimmery shades and 5 mattes.  The highlighters can also be used as eye shadows as well which is handy if these turn out to be too dark for you although I was over the moon to discover I could use 3 of these!  In the pan, some of these may look the same but when swatched you'll soon notice the difference. Unfortunately, the shades don't appear to have any names, so I've added numbers for the purpose of the review.

The shimmery shadows are absolutely gorgeous! I'm so in love with these - super pigmented, soft, smooth, blend-able and very buttery. Some apply literally with only one swipe - pretty impressive for less than £20! The mattes although not as smooth and pigmented as the shimmers, are still very build-able. My only wish is that the pigmentation in the darker shades were a tad more richer for use as eyeliners, (I like these to be quite deep). Pigmentation from the third shade from the top row was the weakest and needed building the most, but considering (for many of you) this'll be your transition shade, that's no bad thing. 

The highlighters are really stunning - and I mean really stunning!  I was so surprised  how well these blended especially on my ageing skin! Really smooth and quite pigmented! So I have to be careful to not finish up looking like a lighthouse, haha! For the price, these are pretty decent quality!


Carli Bybel 14 Colour Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette 

 Swatches below used with finger and no primer

Carli Bybel 14 Colour Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette 

Overall Thoughts


This is going to be very short and sweet! I absolutely love this palette and if you're looking for a neutral palette, I highly recommend this one! It's as if this palette was made for me as it's not often I find myself using and enjoying EVERY SINGLE SHADE! - now that's a rarity!

This is my first product from Bh Cosmetics and I'm super impressed with the quality of this, especially as it's a collaboration as I'm not generally a fan of collaborations due to the over-hyped nature of them.  I also really didn't know what to expect from Bh Cosmetics as I've always thought they were similar if not the same as Coastal Scents, Morphie, Crown Brushes or anyone else who produces those really huge 35 + palettes!

As for this, I'm kinda glad I got this one as I prefer the more easier compact size to the more bulkier larger one from Deluxe despite having less shades. Now it's over to you!




Have you purchased either of the Carli Bybel Palettes?


Toni. xoxo





SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This palette is so beautiful! I really don't need another palette though haha

    http://claresloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like they each have great pigment but kind of annoying that they don't have names it's kind of the fun of an eyeshadow palette

    Mel ★ www.meleaglestone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so pretty. Like you say, all the shades seem to be so wearable, and the highlighters in particular really do look stunning. X

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig