A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 5 June 2017

Tanya Burr My Escape Eye Palette | Review & Swatches


Tanya Burr My Escape Eyeshadow Palette 


To kick off the Summer season, YouTube vlogger Tanya Burr has released a new collection to her makeup range called Neutral Ambience. The Summer release sees two new eyeshadow palettes: a khaki based quad called My Escape, and an inspired Rose Gold sunset called My Paradise. The collection also features two new lip shades: Bear Hug - a Peachy Nude (I'm debating on that one) and Sunday Walk - a Rose Pink.

I admit, other than watch the odd makeup tutorial, I'm not really a follower of Tanya Burr (it's mainly the young that follow her) but I do follow her Sisters in-law, Pixiwoo - and it wasn't until I watched one half of the duo (Sam) create a khaki themed look using the My Escape eye palette, was then  inspired to make a purchase. Performance wise, I wasn't sure what to expect as I've heard a lot of mixed reviews with regards to her products. But considering it only cost £ 5.99, I wasn't that worried.





Despite the cardboard packaging being a little on the bulky side, it's isn't too difficult to "coo!" over the cuteness of these adorable boxes! The heart shaped mirror inside adds a very pretty but functional touch to the palette. And I absolutely love the embossed palm tree leaf design on the shadows and across the lid. This really gives that far away, tropical paradise feel that's spot on for the Summer season. 


Tanya Burr My Escape Eyeshadow Palette 

Tanya Burr My Escape Eyeshadow Palette 

Inside, there are 4 shades: 
New Perspective : a shimmery Cream.
Wild Jungle : a shimmery Khaki Green.
Tree Tops : a matte mid-tone Khaki/ Brown.
Master Plan : a dark cool Grey/ Brown. 

Despite loving Green eye shadows, for me, I find they can often be a bit much for everyday wear and tend to only use them as accent colours, as they can end up looking a little full-on if applied all over the lid on my Grey/Green eyes - but not with these! I also think these Khaki shades make a nice switch from the usual neutral Browns and Beiges to wear for during the day. It's really different to what I'm so used to seeing and have come to really enjoy using this. I also think these affordable little quads are a great way to try out and discover new shades before forking out on the more expensive ones. 

The formulas themselves are not exactly ground-breaking but considering the palette cost only £5.99, the shades are surprisingly workable - just needing a little building although not very much! My only complaint would be that the two mattes do come off rather similar, and if I'm not careful, the lighter shade of the two can get lost when used alongside the deeper toned, but that could be down to my rubbish makeup skills! For application, I used a mac 239 for packing on the lid and a Real Techniques Crease brush for adding definition. Prior to application, I used an eyeshadow primer by Urban Decay which made them stay on all day. 


Tanya Burr My Escape Eyeshadow Palette 

Tanya Burr My Escape Eyeshadow Palette 

Have you tried any products from Tanya Burr? 


Toni. xoxo
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The colours look really pretty for the price :)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shades are so pretty! I saw that pixiwoo tutorial and thought this pallete was so interesting too!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this palette, brought it very recently but already think it's great! The khaki colours are right up my street.
    www.kayleytalksmakeup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig