A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 7 August 2017

Where is Pore? Discovering Caolion Pore Tightening Day & Night Glowing Duo


Caolion Pore Tightening Day and Night Glowing Duo


My early years of dealing with oily/combination skin often resulted in comments stating that I should consider myself lucky and that wrinkles will came far later than our dry skinned sisters - which to a certain extent has rung true! But what they didn't tell me is that as my skin ages, the pores from those oily patches just get bigger and bigger, leaving me with that stretched, saggy, orange-peel-look due the skin's loss of firmness and structure.






I recently discovered the ingredient Niacinamide from a very well known brand which has helped improve the look of my pores - even if its only slightly! Along with the use of acid toners, vitamin c and retinoids to improve texture and provide some much-needed smoothness. Temporary effect pore-minimising makeup has also provided some relief, and recently shared my favourites in a post a short while ago. But before the war paint is added, when looking in the mirror first thing in the morning, the light from the side coming from the bathroom window still shares there's no hiding from the truth that my pores are far more bigger than I'd like them to be. So, when K-beauty brand Caolion reached out and asked if I would like to try their Pore Tightening Day & Night Glowing Duo I jumped at the chance.

Finding that balance to tackle sagging skin with lightweight formulas can be somewhat of a challenge, as firming creams are normally quite rich and heavy in texture and preferably for dry skins  and yet when it come to dealing with pores, these lotions are often aimed for younger skin which can often result in the opposite end of the scale and be too drying!

Caolion Pore Tightening Day and Night Glowing Duo


Who are Caolion?


To further wet the appetite of skincare enthusiasts embracing the recent K-beauty trend, Caolion is another brand  that's arrived on our shores. This time they can be easily accessed from Boots. In the US, you have the best of both worlds obtaining them directly online as well as from beauty giant Sephora. Although  Caolion  provide  products for many skin types, they're commonly known as a pore skincare line.

The brand was created by a sensitive skin sufferer who needed skincare formulas that were ultra gentle. But decided a different approach was needed, by tasting each product thinking that if a cosmetic product can be edible, those with the same skin concerns as herself would be able to use the product without concern. These are formulated with natural ingredients combined with very minimal amount of chemical ingredients so that the skin can absorb these much more smoothly, because sometimes even these can irritate!  Now before we continue, I don't want you eating these products lol! These also contain no parabens and sulphates and are also cruelty-free!

I'd seen a few of these products floating around on Instagram and was intrigued by the double stacked pots. 


Caolion Pore Tightening Day and Night Glowing Duo


The Pore Tightening Day And Night Duo - £30.00*


I'll begin with the star of the review and the bottom half of the duo - The Pore Tightening Sleep Mask! Formulated for Oily and Combination skins, this could possibly be my most favourite skincare discovery so far this year, as the results have really impressed me! This peppermint scented gel mask is to be used at night and rinsed off the following morning. Looking decidedly thicker once scooped out of the pot, it's very lightweight and soon melts into a thin layer which was all that was needed to see the results the following morning. No tightness! No icky-ness! My skin slept in comfort!

The Sleep mask has a shape memory technology that helps maintain youthfulness by tightening the pores and enhancing elasticity, resulting in smoother, firmer skin. An ingredient I noticed along the list is Niacinamide, which not only is it known for controlling excess sebum, its also proven to be a very effective  anti-ageing ingredient. I saw improvement in my skin after the very first night!  The cheek area which is no longer as oily as the t-zone, is now my most sagg-iest part of  the face - having being left that stretchy pore look that screams at the slightest luminance. The area looked lifted resulting in pores looking much more refined, and after each application this area just looks better and better! I used it every night for the first week because I couldn't contain my excitement! I now use it every third because of other products I like to use. Combined with my pore-minimising makeup, I couldn't help but think my skin hadn't looked this good in a long while! The tighter parts of my skin - my chin, and of course, in between my brows (which has always been a tough nut to crack) proving to be taking a little longer as I expected. Although my chin area is looking slightly better after only using it for a week!

Now please bear in mind, my skin is from an owner of 45 year old! So results may vary! This didn't get rid of my pores. It just lifted them and made them smaller. My only regret is that I didn't take any before and after shots. 

Ingredients :

Caolion Pore Tightening Day and Night Glowing Duo


Caolion Pore Tightening Day and Night Glowing Duo


After the review of the night mask, the day time formula of the Pore Tightening Bounce Cream probably won't sound as exciting - but that's not because its not a great product, because it is! But unfortunately, the mask has stolen the limelight so much so that I've yet to see its entire effectiveness. Although I have no doubt it has shared some contribution to that final result!

This time, the formula shares more jelly-like-cream consistency rather than the thicker gel of the night mask and is not as heavily scented. Its aim is to help control sebum, and tightens pores whilst also providing deep hydration and give a healthy glow. I found the formula absorbed very quickly into the skin leaving it feeling soft, fresh, firmer and very comfortable! So far, I'm really enjoying this and will keep you updated on its performance!


Have you tried the Pore Tightening Day & Night Duo or any other products from Caolion? 



(*) PR sample : All opinions are my own.



Toni. xoxo


  












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig